Site-specific land art, Performance

Site-specific Art

2010 The Space30 - Stay in the Forest; Yuenmisan ,Gumgang Nature Art Biennial ,Korea, 2010

크기변환_final.jpg

Stey in the Forest; The Space 30- Yuenmisan

Time of Artist and Space of Nature, Video image for time recording

Performance By Kim Soonim for 12 days

2010 Gumgang Nature Art Biennial

I thought this forest fully occupied already.

And I trust this forest will give me something if I stay and spend time with forest.

I discover one place to sit in this quiet forest and I sifted and separated the stones, leaves and soil that comprised the earth within my sit.

In a period of 13 days a site on the mountain gradually changed its appearance. The site formed circle was getting bigger and the rough earth was become neat clean place.

At the end of this procedure a neat clean place in the forest was formed revealing a matrix of roots and an orderly boundary separating the wild external environment from the altered state of the internal circle and I used the stones to construct a wall around the site which became progressively higher as time passed.

But I know, after I leave, this site will disappear slowly to the forest for many lifes in there.

크기변환_IMG_8643.JPG

숲에 머물다.; The Space 30 ? Yuenmisan 2010

Time of Artist and Space of Nature, Video image for time recording.

행위자가 바닥에 앉고, 앉은자리를 시작으로 주변을 깨끗하게 정리한다. 이 정리의 의미는 흙을 고르고 돌멩이를 밖으로 보내고 잡초를 뽑아내는 일이다. 작업자의 작업시간이 길수록 구형의 자리는 점점 더 커지고, 부산물로 이루어진 구형의 담 또한 점점 크고 높아진다.  자리의 거주 기간에 따라 각기 다른 구형의 자리가 만들어지고, 구형의 부드러운 흙이 있는 공간들이 주변의 지형에 맞게 유기적으로 자리잡는다. 작가가 거주한 공간 안쪽은 채로 걸러진 매우 부드러운 흙으로만 된 땅이 되고, 그 자리에 작가가 떠나면, 많은 다른 생명들이 거주하기 좋은 공간이 된다.

그 자리에 머문다는 것은 그 자리에서 산다는 의미이다. 그 곳에 살면서 만들어낸 흔적이 마치 산을 일구는 농부의 행위와 크게 다르지 않지만, 머물고 살았다 하여도 그 자리와 함께 한 시간과 정성에 아쉬워하지 않고, 다른 생명이 어떻게 또 그 공간을 만들어가는지도 관찰한다. 나는 이 공간에 살면서 늦은 봄 농부의 노동을 하였고, 그 노동의 시간이 행복하였다. 이 행복한 마음이 만든 숲 속 공간이 다른 생명에게도 그러하였으면 좋겠다.

2010Stay01.jpg

2010Stay02.jpg

2010Stay03.jpg