2019춤추는미생물_01.jpg

춤추는 미생물 Dancing Microorganisms

W544x H308Cm, Korean paper, wheat glue, food waste, 2019

2020 인천아트플랫폼 B동 전시장 설치

2019춤추는미생물_02.jpg

춤추는 미생물 / Dancing Microorganisms 

W543 x H304cm, 

한지, 물풀, 음식부산물, 2019

재료: 귤껍질, 천혜향껍질, 단감껍질, 허브차, 우롱차, 커피가루, 주걱에 붙은 밥알, 다이어트식품, 고구마, 오이, 피망씨, 소금, 담배, 랫츠비커피, 와인, 바나나껍질, 담배재, 

at Science Cabin for Science Walden Project_ Convergence of Science & Art  UNIST 2019 

2019 1월 사이언스월든프로젝트 과일집에 거주 하면서 미생물을 배우고 인식하며 생활하였다. 보이지 않는 이 존재들의 세계가 내가 인식하는 세계와 다르지 않음을 인지하고, 먹고, 움직이고, 소통하는 행위를 춤에 비유하여 드로잉하고, 거주기간동안 섭취하고 남은 음식 부산물들로 각 참여자의 개성있는 식습관을 미생물이 소통할때 주고받는 전자에 비유하여 표현하였다. 함께 거주프로그램을 수행한 정재범작가님과 김등용작가님, 그리고 본인의 빛 그림자를 따서 미생물의 형태를 잡았는데, 이는 다양한 형태의 미생물이 있고, 이들의 형태를 보기위해 과학자들이 빛을 이용하여 반사되는 것으로 개체를 인식하는 것에서 착안하였다. 

우리가 시각으로 인지하지 못하는 세계에도 다양한 형태의 ‘생물’이 무엇을 먹고 어디에 어떻게 사는지로 자신의 존재를 드러내고, 소통하고, 춤추고 소리를 내고, 나누며 산다. 사람도 그러하다. 

In January 2019, while staying at the fruit house at Science Walden Project, I learned how to recognize microorganisms. I found out that the world of these invisible creatures is no different from my own, and I painted the processes of realizing, eating, moving, and communicating by comparing them to dance. I also visualized the distinctive eating habits of each participant through byproducts of food that they consumed during my residency and compared them to the way that microorganisms exchange electrons in order to communicate. By following the shadows of Jeong Jaebeom and Kim Deung-yong, other artists who participated in the residency program, as well as my own, I adopted the appearance of microorganisms based on the notion that they exist in various forms, which scientists recognize due to reflections of light. In an invisible world, various ‘creatures’ reveal their existence through the things they eat, the places they live, and the ways that they communicate with each other, as well as their dances, and sounds, just as humans do.

한달 간 우리가 먹고 마신 귤 껍질, 천혜향 껍질, 단감 껍질, 허브 차, 우롱차, 커피 가 루, 주걱에 붙은 밥알, 다이어트식품, 고구마, 오이, 피망 씨, 소금, 담배, 랫츠비 커피, 와 인, 바나나 껍질, 담배 재들이 장지 위에서 결을 이루다

Tangerine peels, cheonhyehyang peels, sweet persimmon peels, herb tea, oolong tea, coffee grinds, grains of rice stuck to a rice paddle, diet food, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper seeds, salt, cigarettes, Let’s Be coffee, wine, banana peels, and cigarette ashes, among other materials, create grains on the paper.

process video : https://youtu.be/Ij089IbW3o0

2019춤추는미생물_03.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_04.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_05.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_06.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_07.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_08.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_09.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_10.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_11.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_12.jpg

2019춤추는미생물_13.jpg